Hi,... I’m Jerrald Hayes, and I design and build websites and database solutions for small businesses.
If you think your business needs some help, needs analysis, or if you have a project already in mind whether it’s a website design, a FileMaker database solution or whatever, let’s talk.
The Things I Do…
I Am The “Chief Cook & Bottle Washer” At
The Small Business Systems Co.
At The Small Business Systems Co. we help Small Business owner with:
What and Who I Am As A Business Management & Software Consultant & Coach
What and Who I Am As A Builder Remodeler and Artisan Carpenter Mason & Painter
Some More Miscellaneous Websites Where I Blog or Personally Run & Maintain…
I am the developer of The Capacity Based Markup Worksheet
How Much Should I Charge?
The Capacity Based Markup Workbook is an Excel Workbook for assigning Labor Burden to help the user correctly determine a Loaded Labor Rate and/or an appropriate Labor Markup for Contractors Using a Capacity Based Markup Methodology (aka PROOF/Indexed/Labor Allocated Overhead).
Since 2004 thousands of contractors have downloaded and used the The Capacity Based Markup Workbook to help them figure out a hourly labor rate based on their real financial numbers and not just guesswork.
In non-contractor speak the workbook can be used by any service type business where you need to accurately figure out a hourly rate to charge for your and your employees.
The Labor Cost Worksheet
The Billable vs. Non-Billable Hours Worksheet
The Fixed Overhead Costs Worksheet
The General Summary Information Worksheet
The Owners Information Worksheet
Do you think the Capacity Based Markup Workbook can help you figure out …
How Much Should I Charge?
Need some help, coaching, and consulting getting all your business information together to enter in the WorkBook?
I Can Help You With That Too.
A Closer “Case Study” Look at the NorthEasternHomes.com.
- Provide communities with articles and stories of interest that give them ideas and introduce them to local architects designers and contractors.
- A free listing to building and remodeling home and garden professionals contractors and suppliers that can be upgraded to preferred positions in the directory and/or a variety of banner or badge advertisements running alongside the websites articles.
- Sponsorships of key articles and pages on the website,
- Local contractors that don’t have a web presence can create a small website or webpage with the address www.NortheasternHomes.com/~CompanyName so they can at least be found when a consumer uses the web like a yellow pages phone directory
House & Garden Articles
Communities With Resource Directories
Huge Potential for Growth
A Closer “Case Study” Type Look at The Building & Remodeling Project Management Wiki
- Trades people who start their own business while often very skilled in their respective fields, i.e. carpentry, plumbing electrical, etc. they often lack the understand and/or training in the realm of just what it takes to run a business and don’t have the knowledge and concepts such as cash flow vs. revenue or gross profit vs. net profit etc.
- There is also an epidemic case of “Accidental Project Manager* Syndrome” where Lead Carpenters, Superintendents, and Construction Managers often have been “promoted” to their position with little or no training or education in actual trade skills of Project Management . (*see Patricia Ensworth’s The Accidental Project Manager: Surviving the Transition from Techie to Manager) and don’t understand the terms or concepts of critical path, dependency, float, and more.