FileMaker App DevelopmentDatabase App Development for Desktop Laptop and Mobile Devices Utilizing The FileMaker Platform
Filemaker Pro Is Apple’s Database Tool For The Design And Deployment Of Connected Desktop, Laptop, And Mobile Device Apps For Small Business
If your organization relies on spreadsheets, paper forms, or multiple applications to get your work done, you might want to consider using a FileMaker database solution instead. A FileMaker solution can bring disparate information together in one place and make it easy to add to, change, and query the data from desktop & laptop computers as well a tablets and phones like the iPad and iPhone. Connect your team together with interactive screens reports and dashboards that deliver all the information they need in one place.
The FileMaker Platform
FileMaker is a collection of software tools and technologies that allows you to design and deploy apps that will run natively on a variety of environment including Macintosh, Windows, iOS (iPad/iPhone), and through your web browser on Chrome and Android devices. You design your app once and it runs across the whole Filemaker platform
The FileMaker Platform, owned by its Apple subsidiary namesake FileMaker Inc., is a grouping of five software technologies: FileMaker Go, FileMaker Pro, FileMaker Pro Advanced, FileMaker Web Direct and FileMaker Server that I can utilize to different degrees to accomplish your business software goals. Its a set of technologies designed for small to mid-sized businesses to fill the application gap between Excel and larger enterprise systems built using technologies you may have only vaguely heard like Servoy, SAP and Oracle.
Rapid Application Development on the FileMaker Platform
The FileMaker Platform programming environment is arguably unmatched for Rapid Application Development (RAD) to the desktop, mobile and web allowing me to spend my time of tools and features that solve end user problems and getyou up and running quickly rather than spending hours developing programming code from scratch for each new project. FileMaker development projects take weeks or even days rather than months.
Why Do People Chose To Use FileMaker?
- Low total cost of business solution ownership.
- There is a wealth of free starter solutions and free or economic applications from third party developers that can be used a starting point to jumpstart your project development saving you time and money.
- Fast and easy customization
- It can be integrate or linked to other programs you are using
- You can control what information is shred with your team
- With FileMaker being a whole owned subsidiary of Apple Inc. it is designed to take advantage of many of the iOS platform features.
- You can securely connect FileMaker apps to your enterprises SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL in mid-sized to large business systems.
Click to open a great article on Medium that gives you a look at why people use FileMaker Pro.
I contract, design, build and even host responsive database business applications for Contractors Builders and Remodelers as part of ParadigmProjects.com and for other small businesses as part of TheSmallBusinessSystems.com.